Writer's Block


I know, I know. It is an oxymoron to call this post "Writer's Block" and write at the same time. However, about what shall I write? Well, the title of the blog is "Faith, Family, Antiques!". To cover all three in one post may be a bit much. So, let's start with the most important to me. Faith.

Faith is the belief system that keeps me going when the hours are at their darkest. At the same time,  it gives me purpose when the light is as bright as the surface of the sun. God has always been there for me, even when I felt I didn't deserve it or when I tried to fall away. He is persistent in His chase and He has saved me from myself on numerous occasions. Being a believer does not mean that I won't have tough times. On the contrary, those times can seem tougher because I believe and I sometimes used to wonder why bad things happen to good people. It is in those times that God's love bursts through that ominous cloud following me like the one over Eeyore. Just like the poem "Footprints", He has carried me through when times were bleak.

To give some examples...He blessed me with parents who showed what faith is and who should be the most important thing in my life. He sent his angels to cover me when I should have died in multiple car situations that would have killed most people. I left each time unscathed. He later showed me the way to friends who kept me aiming higher than where I thought I could go. God put a man in my path that would become my best friend only after Christ. (Watch out: Run-on sentence ahead) After the doctors told me that I couldn't have children and trying anyway for five years, it took me uttering the words and praising Him to a friend, after she asked me to be in the delivery room for her child's birth since "you will probably never experience having children of your own" to which I responded, "God will bless me with children one day." Those words must have had a direct line to His ears because six months later I was pregnant. Then, He blessed me with twin girls. I caught up to almost all my friends at once. I was privileged enough to learn about the hardships of the less fortunate when I got a job with the state after college graduation. I then felt stirred to make a difference and I was given one of my greatest opportunities in life. I became a high school teacher at the very high school my husband and I attended. I did this for eighteen years. When we had to go through our second, painful settling of a family estate, I spoke aloud again to God's pipeline stating that "no family should have to ever go through this". The next stirring began which led me to where I am now.

So, how did I get here? How did that stirring occur? What were the "signs"? I hope you want to know because that will be my next post.

So,  I did have something to write after all. When I speak about God, the words can flow like the blood He shed for us. All I had to do was look to Him and He removed the block. He is my savior, my hero, my friend.

So, good night, good luck, and God bless.

Image from https://www.allwallpaper.in/sunrays-through-storm-clouds-over-fields-wallpaper-8529.html

Comments

Popular Posts